Meredith was looking for something relatively healthy to give Jeremy as a snack - preferably something not terribly messy. We're still working on it, but these yogurt bars still hit the spot.
Meredith first attempt used oats the first time and although they tasted great, it was more of a falling-apart crumble. And Jeremy found them a little dry. He stuck his tongue out until the bits fell back onto the plate. Whoops.
The second attempt, using corn flakes (more along the lines of the recipe our friend gave us), turned out much better. The cut nicely into bars and held together. Jeremy loved them - the most important part.
Yogurt Cereal Bars
2 cups corn flakes
3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 cup butter
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Combine corn flakes, flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Press half of the mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Mix yogurt, egg and 2 tbsp flour in another small bowl.
- Spread yogurt mixture over cereal mixture in pan and then sprinkle the remaining cereal mixture on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and cut into bars.
Try other tasty recipes
I love recipes made with corn flakes! I always have at least one box in my house. This looks great!ReplyDelete