|I wouldn't eat those chillis straight if I were you.|
For the Crust:
1 x 20 cm pre-baked shortcrust pastry case
For the filling:
1 red chili
9 cardamon pods
250ml double cream
250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids broken into small pieces)
70g butter, cut into small cubes
- Chop the chili finely and toss the seeds and grind the cardamom pods.
- Put the cream, sugar, cardamom pods and chopped chili into a saucepan and gently bring to a simmer. Stir and heat until the sugar has dissolved without burning.
- Turn off heat and let sit to infuse the flavour for about an hour
- Reheat the cream mixture until simmering, then put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and strain the warm cream on to it through a sieve, leaving the cardamom and chili behind. The heat of the cream should melt the chocolate so stir until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into the pastry case and let cool for a several hours. The texture should settle to be smooth and fudge like.
Try other tasty recipes