|Photo courtesy of Hungry Jenny|
|With smaller florets|
For the last Christmas dinner of the season (just after New Year's), we were asked to bring the broccoli.
Not only was it on sale (bonus!), but it was my chance to make a broccoli salad similar to the one that our friend Sue is famous for.
Since Sue was in New York City whooping it up with Ryan Seacrest as the ball was dropping Thursday night, I was left to fend for myself figuring out a recipe.
Broccoli Salad with Cranberries
- 5 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (I prefer sharp cheddar cheese but I was out)
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large salad bowl, mix all salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat all dressing ingredients with wire whisk until blended.
- Spoon over salad and toss.
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving. Leftovers can be refrigerated.
Try other tasty recipes