A few weeks ago, we had a Hawaiian luau at work. The food consisted mostly of fruit, vegetables and dips, as well as some excellent Empanadas. I was part of the group that organized the event and prepared the food.
Unfortunately, the Empanada recipe wasn't available, and they were fantastic.
In addition to making my hummus, I was struggling to find some sour-cream based dips. I didn't want the tropical spread to include all Mediterranean dips! I managed to find a couple recipes online that I used as a guide for a cheesy dip and it turned out quite nicely. Not that the dips was tropical, but it was still tasty.
Cheese and Cream Dip
- 1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 container (500ml) sour cream
- 2 slices processed cheese
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and serve with vegetables or chips.