Meredith has been off of my more flavourful creations lately, so it's been tough trying to make tasty meals. Most dinners start with me putting spices under her nose and seeing if she gags.
I picked up some panko-stlye (Japanese) breadcrumbs a while back and decided to use them with some chicken for a family dinner with the parents. The chicken was tasty and met Meredith's more recent standard of flavour tolerance.
On that note, I've been invited to my mother-in-law's to make a curry and just make a separate dish for Meredith. We'll just eat outside so the smell doesn't overwhelm anyone sensitive. Hopefully that'll happen soon. I miss curries and tajines.
Panko-breaded Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder and seasoning salt in a flat dish.
- Beat egg and olive oil in a separate flat dish.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture and then thoroughly cover in panko minxture.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until juices run clear.