|Note to self: do not use the camera on a loaner phone when|
your phone is in the shop :-(
There are a ton of great recipes under the "mostly food" category to choose from. I really wanted to make her Chicken Paprikash, however, the latter-end of July and the beginning of August were crazy for me, so Meredith agreed to take the SRC project on herself - meaning that it was going to be a baking project.
Meredith chose to make Danielle's Donut Muffin recipe. She followed her recipe using a mini muffin tin - next time we might use our donut tin.
The chicken will need to wait until September (and it will definitely happen).
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees and lightly grease mini muffin tins with shortening.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and egg until they're light yellow.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and add to the egg mixture and stir well.
- Continue to stir and add the vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Using a tablespoon, fill each mini muffin cup about 3/4 full and bake for 5 minutes at 500-degrees.
- Immediately lower the temperature to 350-degrees and continue baking for 5 minutes until done.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for the topping in a small bowl. Keep the melted butter in a separate small bowl.
- Dip the muffin tops into the butter, then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Try other tasty recipes