Well, strawberry season has come and gone again, and Meredith was very busy making all sorts of stuff. There were several evenings where dessert was strawberries and cream, and there was, of course, pie.
Meredith took the little guy strawberry picking as well, and he had quite a good time. You can see him surveying the area during coffee break here.
...and sampling the haul. I think he was weighed on his way out at the register (just kidding, he only ate two or three, and promptly wiped his hands on his shirt :-)
The day after the excursion, I read an email with a recipe and was told to get ready to take a photo when I got home. To my delight, I arrived home to some yummy strawberry muffins Meredith had made using whole wheat flour. It's mostly based on a recipe she read earlier that week.
1/2 cup mango apple sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees and line a 12-muffin tin with paper inserts.
- Using a stand mixer, whisk together the eggs, apple sauce, oil, sugar, vanilla and bananas.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and cinnamon and slowly add to the banana mixture.
- Stir in the strawberries by hand and spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the top.
- let muffins cool on a wire rack.
Try other tasty recipes