Yet another story from last year's pre-Christmas party:
Mel, our fitness and health conscious friend opted to bring dessert for the potluck/get-together. It was really great: sliced apples with an insanely yummy creamy caramel dip. How can you go wrong with anything that has cream cheese and Skor bars in it? And how did healthy Mel manage to not devour the entire thing before getting to the party?
After filling myself up with dessert, I promptly forgot to ask Mel how to make it until a few weeks ago when colleague asked me about a similar dish. So I finally emailed Mel to ask. The recipe was so simple, Mel quickly tapped it out on her BlackBerry – not even waiting to get home.
Apples with Creamy Caramel Dip
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup crushed Skor bar (about 4-5 bars)
- caramel (for drizzle)
- 6 Granny Smith apples
- lemon juice (for drizzle)
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature and blend with brown sugar.
- Spread mixture on a large platter.
- Sprinkle mixture with crushed Skor bars.
- Drizzle platter with caramel.
- Core and slice apples and drizzle with lemon juice.
Post a Comment
We love reading your comments!