Mango and Red Onion Salad
With the winter winding down, the endless potlucks at work are being replaced by walks to Tim Horton's (it's Roll up the Rim contest season). Still, you can always smell something good coming from the kitchen as someone unwraps a fragrant dish.
At what I think was our last potluck of the season, a really tasty mango salad appeared. I ended up taking the recipe and modifying it slightly so I could use it as a sweet topping for fajhitas at home and it tasted excellent.
- 1 mango (not overly ripe)
- 1/4 purple onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, passed through garlic press
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper
- Finely chop mango, onion, pepper and cilantro and combine in a bowl.
- Mince garlic and add to bowl.
- Sprinkle lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss together and chill before use.