Bow-tie Pasta with Sausages and Roasted Vegetables
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 1 eggplant, sliced and roasted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sausages (450g), grilled or baked and sliced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup pitted olives
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 box whole wheat bow-tie pasta
- Parmesan cheese
Recipes by the Haggis and the Herring: tasty world recipes tested in our kitchen
- Slice eggplant and roast peppers and eggplant, removing skin from peppers when done.
- Slice peppers and eggplant and set aside.
- Partially roast sausages, slice and set aside.
- Heat pan with 2 tbsp. olive oil and fry onions and garlic until soft.
- Add back sausages and continue frying until browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, wine, olives, basil and parsley. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium-low for 15-20 minute, stirring frequently.
- Boil the pasta, strain and set aside.
- Add peppers and eggplant to the tomato sauce mix and simmer on low for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add pasta to the tomato sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Post a Comment
We love reading your comments!