I switched around the recipe, including adding the cottage cheese and reducing the sugar and stuck to the crispy theme. It turned out right the first time. I'm very happy.
Zeidy Sam's Lockshin Kugel
- 1 package whole grain, no yolk egg noodles
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions and preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cottage cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Fold in raisins and noodles.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and bake for 45 minutes (Mom said that Zeidy liked the kugel really crispy).
- Cool before serving.
Part of the Real Food Holiday Blog Carnival: Rosh Hashanah 2010.