Quinoa and Black Beans
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 carrot, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- Fresh ground pepper
Recipes by the Haggis and the Herring: tasty world recipes tested in our kitchen
- Soak the quinoa in cold water for 30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil with vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes covered, then fluff with a fork and set aside to cool.
- Sautee carrots and celery for five minutes.
- Add the beans, ginger, cumin and coriander and stir for five to ten minutes.
- Combine with quinoa and add pepper to taste.
You have a tasty sounding recipe here. Wish there was a picture. That always seals the deal for me. Gonna give this one a try.ReplyDelete