A short time ago, I found instructions on Cook Eat Share to boil the perfect egg. The recipe was posted during Passover, however, our seder had already passed. I filed the recipe under must try later.
Later arrived a couple weeks ago when some out-of-town friends arrived for a visit the day after we got back from a conference in the Dominican. Cooking a big meal wasn't in the cards, so we opted for a brunch-style dinner including chopped eggs and bagels. This was the perfect opportunity to try out the new method, and it worked beautifully.
Too bad I had to mash the perfect eggs before anyone had a chance to see them. But the chopped egg turned out quite nice as well.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup relish, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Stir eggs and onions in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk relish, mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper and fold into egg mixture.