On a Sunday near the end of October, our neighbour dropped by to ask Meredith for some help with baking. She had a bunch of egg-whites left over from a previous dish and Meredith suggested making macaroons.
Not wanting to make something conventional, Meredith brought some mint extract with her. Clearly, there was already some chocolate waiting to be used.
The end result was a tasty batch of chocolate mint macaroons. Lucky me, I managed to steal a sample before they went away.
Chocolate Mint Macaroons
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp mint extract
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg whites and mint extract using an electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar (1 tbsp at a time), beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold in chocolate.
- Drop mixture by teaspoon 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Try other tasty recipes