I know I missed October, but it's Movember, and it's time for Secret Recipe Club, hosted by Tina of Mom's Crazy Cooking.
This month's assignment is A Southern Fairytale, run by Rachel, who, according to her site is a "deep fried southern belle and aspiring domestic darling."
Well, if I was going to be doing something southern, I was happy to try some Tex-Mex. I found a recipe for mushroom quesadillas that looked quite yummy (and tasted great) and went straight to work. Rachel's recipe had you making full-sized quesadillas by using a full tortilla on the top and bottom. I found that very difficult to flip on the grill - I just haven't had enough practice. Next time, I'll only fill half of the tortilla and fold it over. Flipping it will be much easier.
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded and divided into 2
5 mushrooms, chopped and divided into 2
1/4 red pepper, chopped and divided into 2
1/4 small onion, chopped and divided into 2
salsa or sour cream for serving
- Preheat grill on medium.
- Place 2 tortillas on grill and sprinkle with half a portion of cheese each.
- Sprinkle on a portion of each vegetable and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Place remaining two tortillas on top and gently press down.
- Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side and let cool for two minutes before cutting using a pizza cutter.
- Serve with sour cream or salsa.
Try other tasty recipes