Happy New Year's Potluck
Getting ready for a New Year's Day potluck, I was given the task of making a gluten-free and vegetarian meal. I've made my Channa Masala so many times recently, I didn't want to do it again. The problem was, chickpeas had to be the protein.
I then dug through my existing recipes and decided to make a variation of my Chicken Korma. I'd double the sauce and swap out the chicken for the legumes.
Channa Korma Curry
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp garlic
- 3 tbsp ginger
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oil and fry the onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cardamom, cinnamon, tomato sauce and yogurt and stir.
- Add the chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium-low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to low, add lemon juice and raisins and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
Recipes by the Haggis and the Herring: tasty world recipes tested in our kitchen
Try other tasty recipes