Long weekend goodies
It looks like my tweeting tasty items has paid off. Meredith decided to (not) bake some no-bake cookies from Baking with Sneakers, to bring to Penny's for a long-weekend dinner. Most of the cookies turned out, however, the last bit of mixture in the bowl got a little dry and wouldn't hold together.
Lucky for me, the recipe has some of my favourite ingredients for dessert (chocolate and peanut-butter), so the extra remains will stick around for a dessert topping. Reminds me of the Officer Reese skit from Family Guy where the cop shoots two car crash victims who got one's peanut butter in the other's chocoate, and vice-versa.
It's also the first dessert being prepared in the Haggis and the Herring's new location and kitchen.
No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups oats
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup rice krispies or equivalent cereal
- Combine oil, sugar, milk and cocoa and bring to a boil. Let simmer for one minute.
- Remove from stove-top, add peanut butter and mix until melted.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Drop spoonfulls of mixture onto parchment paper or a SILPAT nonstick baking mat and refrigerate until firm.
Recipe based on Baking with Sneakers
Try other tasty recipes
What a great idea, who would have known you can have your cookie and no-bake it too!ReplyDelete
Cool, this is my kind of recipe - butter free, and no-bake too, yum!ReplyDelete
Hungry Jenny x
Daniel this is a clever idea for these cookies I've made them for years I never thought about putting rice crispies in them thanks for a new ideaReplyDelete