At the time of writing, we're getting close to our big move. With half of the kitchen packed, Meredith on a limited diet, and both of us running around like maniacs, it's been difficult finding time to research and test new ideas or formalize old standards. This week I'm going to cheat, and I'm justifying it because it's with a cuisine that I generally suck at anyway.
When I first started cooking, the bottled or canned sauce was a big friend of mine. I didn't realize how much fun it is creating my own mixtures from scratch. Several years ago, I discovered the Aroy-D brand of Thai curries. They're actually quite good, especially when you need to make something quick.
Vegetable Green Curry
- 1 can Aroy-D Green Curry
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 carrot, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- In a deep pan, bring the green curry sweet potato and carrots to a boil, cover and reduce to medium. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add broccoli, cover, and let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce to low, add snow peas, red pepper and mushrooms. Let simmer for 2 minutes.
- If potato and carrot are not soft enough to pierce with a fork, simmer the mixture for an additional 2-4 minutes.
Try other tasty recipes