Relaxing with our friends
In late September the temperature suddenly dropped. Meredith still liked it cold in the house and I was freezing. It was going to be a busy week between band practice, Meredith's evening out with friends, our final "caring for baby" class and my parents dropping by for Meredith's birthday.
We spent the weekend cleaning, fixing, building, sorting and anything else you could think of around the house. By Sunday evening, the house was chilly and friends were stopping by for some hot tea. Tea turned into dinner, to my delight.
It was time for comfort food. Specifically, time to break out a version of the mashed potato casserole recipe I had recently found. Although the original recipe listed it as a side dish, chock full of cheese, bacon and creamy goodness, it's really a meal in one bowl (aside from my obligatory salad). The four of us pretty much finished the entire dish, with a little snack set aside for a midnight snack or lunch the following day.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
- 6 cups potatoes, hand mashed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (250g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup extra old Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- In an electric mixer, beat potatoes, milk, cream cheese, sour cream, parsley, garlic salt and nutmeg until mixture is smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a 13x9 casserole dish, sprinkle on Cheddar and bacon.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
Try other tasty recipes
This one is certainly loaded. Would love to eat it.ReplyDelete
Dan, this is just perfect! I love twice baked potatoes made with the same ingredients for dinners, but when having a large group this is the go to recipes. Thanks.ReplyDelete
Oh man!! Talk about AMAZING!!!! Where's my couch and a spoon?? :)ReplyDelete
That looks yummy!ReplyDelete