|Served on a combination of white and black rice. It was|
news to me that black rice turns the white rice purple
if you cook them together.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 kilos chicken pieces (with or without skin)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine salt, pepper, 2 tsp minced garlic, onion powder, cayenne and oil, rub onto chicken and let marinate for 2-3 hours in fridge or overnight.
- In a dutch oven, heat 2 tbsp oil, brown chicken in batches and set aside.
- Add onions, bell peppers, carrot, garlic, and jalapeno and fry for five minutes, gently scraping the bottom of the ban with a wooden spatula.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium and let simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
- Add peanut butter, tomato paste, tomato, thyme, ginger, coconut milk and pepper and stir for two minutes.
- Add back chicken and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep sauce from sticking and turning chicken after 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and serve with rice.
Try other tasty recipes