- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (check label for gluten-free)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound pork (tenderloin, shoulder, or boneless ribs), cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews - half coarsely chopped, half whole
- 1/4 cup fresh whole cilantro leaves
- Combine the hoisin sauce, water, soy sauce, and pepper flakes in 1 liquid measuring cup.
- Heat a few teaspoons of the oil in a large nonstick (or cast iron) pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the pork and push it to the edge of the pan when done.
- Add the remaining oil, garlic and ginger. Fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds (until fragrant).
- Push the pork back to the middle of the pan and add the cashews and hoisin mixture.
- Cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Mix in cilantro and serve on a bed of fried noodles.
Recipe mostly from What's Cookin, Chicago?
Try other tasty recipes