The recipe is mostly from the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus recipe book (you may remember the Welsh cakes). For Jacob's sake, Meredith held back on the nuts.
Chocolate Chip Squares
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and brown sugar. Add white sugar and mix again. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture into 9x9 greased pan.
- bake for 25-30 minutes until set and top is light brown.
Can be cut into up to 36 pieces (6x6).
Based on the Burlington Welsh Male Chorus. Original recipe by Cye Beechey.
Try other tasty recipes