- 1 salmon fillet (half a salmon)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (see note)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a parchment-lined baking pan and score the salmon down to the skin every two inches (without breaking the skin).
- Whisk together the mustard, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sugar, onion powder and oil and pour half of the mixture over the salmon.
- Put chopped red onion on top of each salmon piece and drizzle the remaining marinate over the fish.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15-25 minutes.
Note: for gluten-free, check label of soy sauce.
Try other tasty recipes
I am from British Columbia and am always looking for new ways to add more flavour to one of my favourite coastal fish.This recipe is packed with flavour.ReplyDelete
This looks awesome! It's on my menu for tonight. :)ReplyDelete
Just wanted to let you know I made this and it was AWESOME. What a tasty sauce! So full of flavor, and the salmon was perfectly cooked in about 25 minutes (I had a thicker piece).ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing Sara. My brother would be happy to hear that! As you may or may not, the authour of this blog (my brother) passed away suddenly almost two years ago. Everytime someone comments on the blog, and makes a recipe, it brings a smile to my face. I try to post something new when I can. You can read about my brother here:ReplyDelete