|Photo courtesy of Simon's smartphone. Our camera|
went AWOL during picture time!
I still didn't care because the ingredients sounded great and I could just do my own thing with it - and I did. Our friends were over for dinner as taste testers and it was a hit. Simon called the sauce "magic." I think that says something.
Chicken on Rice with Creamy Dill Sauce
Recipes by the Haggis and the Herring: tasty world recipes tested in our kitchen
Try other tasty recipes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 8 cloves, ground or 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- dash salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1+2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (or 8-10 thighs)
- 1 recipe Creamy Dill Sauce (Magic Sauce)
- Combine the turmeric, cumin, coriander, cloves, paprika, curry powder, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and 1 tbsp oil in a medium bowl and whisk in yogurt.
- Transfer mixture to a large zipper bag, add onions and chicken and seal bag. Shake bag to coat chicken and let marinade overnight.
- To cook chicken, heat 2 tbsp olive oil on high in a large pan. Add chicken and onion mixture and cook for 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and most of the liquid is gone.
- Serve with rice and creamy dill sauce.
Try other tasty recipes
That dill sauce sounds great! It complements the rest of the dish perfectly.ReplyDelete
Love that sauce!ReplyDelete
I think this would be a big hit in my house. Looks yummy!ReplyDelete
Love the title of your blog. This recipe looks just terrific. I love dill in anything. Come over and visit us. We have a wonderful grilled fruit recipe and tomorrow we will have a great recipe for a picnic.ReplyDelete
That dill sauce looks great and I love that you provided another recipe for chicken that is different enough to be new and exciting.ReplyDelete
Hi dan, Oh I am simply drooling from this recipe as it reminds me of a creamy dill sauce chicken my mother made for us as children! I like how you made the chicken separate to the sauce so it had its own identity and wasn't overwhelmed by the creamy sauce, which makes it much more light! thanks so much for sharing this with us on the hearth and soul hop! Hugs to you and the family! AlexReplyDelete
Thank you so much for stopping by Cast Party Wednesday last week. I really appreciate you sharing your recipe with us. I hope you will join us again for another awesome party filled with yummy recipes.ReplyDelete
I have such a soft spot for NY street cart chicken and rice and it looks like you've hit the nail on the head here! The creamy dill sauce really makes the whole dish I imagine. I'm bookmarking (or, rather, pinning...) to make this soon. Thanks!ReplyDelete
The flavors here sound fabulous.ReplyDelete