This is the final post for Strawberrypalooza at the Haggis and the Herring. The final recipe was the only one I specifically requested. Meredith was just about to make a sorbet when I suggested frozen yogurt. I was already picking up a container of yogurt for the muffins, so Meredith didn't mind the slight change in plans.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
- 1 pound/450g strawberries, rinsed, hulled and chopped into small pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup plain balkan yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Toss strawberries in a bowl with the sugar until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and add the yogurt and lemon juice. Pulse mixture in food processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to refrigerator for at least one hour, then process in an ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions, adding chocolate chips slowly near the end.
Try other tasty recipes
Sweets for Saturday
I love strawberry and yogurt that looks so sweet and fresh, thanks for shareReplyDelete
That looks so pretty and I love that it's healthy too. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your frozen yogurt up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.htmlReplyDelete
Chocolate chips in strawberry frozen yogurt? That's pretty ingenius. I'll take a double-scoop, please!ReplyDelete