Dark Chocolate Mousse
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- In a double boiler, whisk yolks, sugar, and salt for 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves and mixture is warm.
- Remove mixture from heat and immediately whisk in chopped chocolate until melted. Add cocoa powder and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature. In the meantime, using a standing mixer, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Whisk half of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in remaining whipped cream. Transfer to a serving dish, cover with paper towel and then plastic wrap (or lid) and into the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, removed from fridge and let stand for 15 minutes. Garnish with 1/2 cup raspberries and mint leaves.
Try other tasty recipes