Continuing Strawberrypalooza, Meredith was determined to duplicate one of my aunt's pies. This pie is basically whole strawberries set in a fairly solid jelly. My aunt only made it on special occasions and I was always excited when it landed on the dessert table.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package raspberry Jell-O powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 baked or packaged 9" pie shell, cooled
- 5 cups strawberries, hulled
- Mix sugar, dry Jell-O powder and cornstarch in a medium saucepan and gradually stir in water.
- Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Let cool for ten minutes.
- Fill pie shell with strawberries and cover with jelly glaze.
- Let refrigerate for at least three hours to set.
Try other tasty recipes