|This salmon ball is creamy with a bit of crunch, and gluten-free.|
Shannon's favourite thing to bring to a party was a tuna ball. It was basically a can of tuna mixed with a block of cream cheese. It was very rich, but very tasty. I wanted to use that concept as a base for what I wanted to make.
I had a can of boneless, skinless salmon (about the size of a can of tuna), but I wanted to do a little more. Cutting out some of the cream cheese and adding some sweet onion, celery and mustard for flavor seemed like the way to go. For added presentation, I rolled the final product in slivered almonds to give it some crunch. It was a hit - something I'll definitely make again.
- 1 can boneless, skinless salmon (drained)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 tsp sweet hot mustard
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Mash the salmon with a fork.
- Fold in the cream cheese, onion, celery and mustard using a spatula.
- Spread almonds on a cutting board. Roll the salmon mixture into a ball and then roll it on top of the almonds.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let set in fridge until ready to serve.
Try other tasty recipes